Estonia - Eesti Estonia What to see
Search EstNet
 Cottage & Apartment Rental Estonia
- Hotels
- Hostels
- Guest Houses
- Motels
- Camping & Resort Villages
- Bed and Breakfast
- Cottages, Holiday Homes, Villas
- Apartments
- Wellness & Spa Hotels
 Conference Tourism
- Conference & Business Meetings
- Catering
 Food & Drink
- Restaurants
- Cafés
- Pizzerias
- Fast Food
 Active Holidays
 By Night
- Nightclubs & Discotheques
- Casinos
- Pubs
- Bowling & Billiard
 Travel Agencies
 Theatres, Opera Houses
 & Concert Halls
 Museums & What to See
 Car Rental & Taxi
 Business Contacts &  Companies
Weather Estonia
 Distances between
 Estonian Citys

Estonia > What to see >

Museums | Churches | Show all

- Tallinn
- Kärdla
- Narva
- Paide
- Jõgeva
- Haapsalu
- Rakvere
- Pärnu
Choose county or city

- Põlva
- Rapla
- Kuressaare
- Tartu
- Valga
- Otepää
- Viljandi
- Võru

Estonia   What to see
found 178, page 1/9: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  next 20 >>
A.H.Tammsaare Museum
Address: Vetepere, Albu, Järvamaa
map Location
Tel: +372 38 59 020, +372 5340 3461
Send e-mail
Officially the museum for A.H. Tammsaare was opened on 30th January 1958 in the house which was built by the writer's brother, August. Until 1972 the exhibition was located only on the second floor of the house. In 1978 on the 29th of January, in order to commemorate the 100th birthday of A.H. Tammsaare, a set of reconstructed buildings were opened. Replicas of a former barn-dwelling, barn, crofters dwellings, and fences were built. Hiking trails in the bogs surrounding the farm were also created. On the 4th of December 2002 a foundation for The Museum of A.H. Tammsaare in Vargamäe was created.
> Museums
A.H.Tammsaare Museum
Address: Koidula 12 A, Tallinn, Harjumaa
map Location
Tel: +372 601 3111
Send e-mail
Anton Hansen Tammsaare Memorial Museum is situated in a summer-cottage-type house in Kadriorg, formerly a suburb. The Estonian literary classic Anton Hansen Tammsaare (1878-1940) lived in this apartment in 1932-1940 and died here. His widow Käthe Hansen wished their home to become a museum and her wish was granted on the centenary of the writer, on 30 January 1978. The first floor of the building contains the five-room apartment, furnished as it used to be in the writer's lifetime. In the other wing of the floor there is the literary-historical display of Tammsaare's life and work. The museum collection contains over 6000 items, among them rarities like the writer's death mask and his violin, his home archive with manuscripts, correspondence, documents and photos. In November 2005 a long-awaited redecoration of the exhibition hall began and we do hope to complete it and open the new exhibition by the end of 2006. Up to then only the apartment is open but smaller exhibitions are arranged in it, too.
> Museums
Aaspere Manor
Address: Haljala, Haljala, Lääne-Virumaa
map Location
Tel: +372 50 47 602
Send e-mail
Aaviks memorial museum
Address: Vallimaa k. 7, Kuressaare, Saaremaa
map Location
Tel: +372 455 7583
Aavikute majamuuseum At the end of the 19th century the house and real estate at 9 Sepa Street (later 7 Vallimaa St.) belonged to a gardener Johann Brenner (1834-92). After his death the real estate was bought buy a tradesman from Kuressaare Jakob Aavik (father of Joosep Aavik) for his brother Mihkel Aavik (father of Johannes Aavik). On April 1, 1896 Mihkel Aavik moved in with his wife Ann (1849-1918) and their children Aadu, Liisi and Juuli. Johannes Aavik lived in his parents' house as a pupil in1898-1902 and later, when he worked as a teacher of Estonian in Saaremaa Gymnasium in 1919-1926. After the parents' death sisters Liisi (1885-1949) and Juuli (1890-1959) took care of the house. From 1961 till his death in 1989 the house was Joosep Aavik's home. On June 19, 1992 the house was opened as Johannes and Joosep Aavik's Memorial Museum, being a branch of Saaremaa Museum.
> Museums
Abruka island
Address: Abruka, Kaarma, Saaremaa
map Location
58.16424511644518, 22.508976142883284
Ahja jõe ürgoru kaitseala
Address: Ahja, Vastse-Kuuste, Põlvamaa
map Location
Ahja mõis
Address: Ahja, Ahja, Põlvamaa
map Location
Alatskivi mõis
Address: Alatskivi, Alatskivi, Tartumaa
map Location
Ambla kirik
Address: Valguse tee 2, Ambla, Järvamaa
map Location
Tel: +372 3834033, Fax: +372 383 4033
Send e-mail
Angerja vasall-linnus
Address: Angerja, Kohila, Raplamaa
map Location
Angla Windmill Park
Address: Angla, Leisi, Saaremaa
map Location
Tel: +372 5199 0265
Send e-mail
For about hundred years Angla Windmill Park can be characterised by four wind-operated grinding mills with turnable tower.
Anija mõis
Address: Anija, Anija, Harjumaa
map Location
Tel: +372 604 6510, +372 5568 3810
Home Museum Of Ants Laikmaa
Address: Kadarpiku, Taebla, Läänemaa
map Location
Tel: +372 47 29 756
On the first floor of the building with unique architecture an exposition introducing the life of the artist and a dining room are located. The artist’s studio, working and sleeping rooms with personal belongings and ethnographic antiquities are upstairs. A park rich in various tree species that was planted by the artist and is under nature protection surrounds the house. A summer cottage and the artist’s grave are located in the park.
> Museums
Asva linnusasula
Address: Asva, Laimjala, Saaremaa
map Location
Atla-Eeru kõrts
Address: Muuseumi 1, Juuru, Raplamaa
map Location
Tel: +372 484 4199, +372 484 4162
Send e-mail
Audla mõis
Address: Audla, Laimjala, Saaremaa
map Location
Audru Museum
Address: Pärna allee 14, Audru, Pärnumaa
map Location
Tel: +372 446 4191, +372 5559 9302
Send e-mail
> Museums
Lutheran Church of the Holy Cross in Audru
Address: Tõstamaa maantee 5, Audru, Pärnumaa
map Location
Tel: +372 44 64 022
Send e-mailärnumaa
A church with bright white cornices and window soffits; the tower rebuilt in 1715. A stained-glass choir window with heraldics of the families Pilar von Pilhau and Ungern-Sternberg (1892). An arboretum with interesting plants next to the church. Built: 1680.
Steamer-icebreaker Suur Tõll
Address: Küti 17, Tallinn, Harjumaa
map Location
Tel: +372 641 1408
Send e-mail
Suur Toll is the only pre-war steam ship of the Republic of Estonia remained up to now and, at the same time, the biggest icebreaker in the world preserved through two world wars. In 1914 the first home port of the ship was Tallinn. In March 1918, armed Finns captured this ship from Russian Bolsheviks by agreement with the ship officers of Estonian origin. During the hard initial period of the Estonian Liberation War, Suur Toll (Wäinämöinen) was bringing to us volunteers and supplies. Proceeding from the terms of the Estonian-Russian Peace Treaty of 1920, the Finnish Government transferred the icebreaker to Estonia on 30 November 1922. The ship was named Suur Toll, and it ensured a regular winter sea navigation for Tallinn up to the end of the independency period. Only in October 1988, one succeeded to get back the ship taken by the Baltic Fleet of the USSR in 1941 and convert it into a museum ship. All the 3 original steam engines as well as most of the original arrangement of space and late Jugendstil interior of the officers’ rooms were preserved.
Barclay de Tolly mausoleum
Address: Jõgeveste, Helme, Valgamaa
map Location
Tel: +372 76 70 984, +372 513 9065
Send e-mail
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  next 20 >>

Museums | Churches | Show all

Estonia > What to see > - Tourism & Tavel Information Estonia. Copyright © EstNet - ViroWeb 2003 - 2005 Contact

Estonian Cottage Rental